First, is there a blogging protocol against posting multiple times in one day? I just started this new adventure on Monday, and then I subbed on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I am all excited to post things today. . .
Second, I am going to be so sad when burlap goes out of style. It’s very easy to craft with, especially when sewing is not in your repertoire! I whipped this up last night after teaching, shopping, carpooling, making dinner, and cleaning it up. Now I want to make some for Mizzou and Cards fans. Takers? Okay, I’ll hook up those crazy Hog fans, too. 😉
1. I inexplicably became a “dog person” at age 40. No one can believe how much I love this dog.
2. My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird even though that’s everyone’s favorite book.
3. I don’t wear sweat pants. I like to be dressed up.
4. I’d rather be reading.
5. I love the ocean. It’s calling me home.
6. I have a feeling that my death will be caused by falling down stairs. I often lose my balance there.
7. I’m busy, busy, busy and hardly ever sit down during the day.
8. I am a neat freak. I’d love to organize your stuff. Would you pay good money for that?
9. I’ve become a decent cook, though a bit of a recipe follower.
10. I have never baked a cake.
11. I graduated from high school in Germany and still miss it (Germany, not high school).
12. I’m an optimistic skeptic. Does that make sense?
13. I am working on my volunteering problem. They tell me to just sit on my hands at meetings, but I never do.
14. I like to talk a little during movies. My best friend totally tolerates this.
15. I don’t like to camp. Poking the fire is fun, though.
16. I am a morning person.
17. I keep giving up coffee (headaches and all) and then getting back on it.
18. I’m a Sunday School teacher, but please don’t stereotype me for it.
19. I am glad God gave me girls. Boys mystify me.
20. I kinda regret not going to law school.
21. I used to read and drive in college. Couldn’t stand sitting in the car and not getting something accomplished besides transporting myself.
22. I like mushrooms and think everyone should.
23. I am a good speller.
24. I’m a little obsessed with genealogy despite understanding the fact that 10 generations or so back, we’re ALL related.
25. My greatest fear is hunger. Real hunger. Like there’s no food anywhere hunger. Scary.
– the spoon
I love stir fry. One daughter requested my chicken stir fry for dinner last night, and the other said, “Not stir fry again! You make it twice a week!” In my defense, I always make a different one! But this one is easy, colorful, delicious, and THE TWELVE-YEAR-OLD said, “It’s really the mushrooms that make this, Mom.”
“I thought you didn’t like mushrooms?”
“I don’t. Except in here.”
Okaaaaay. Works for me. Anytime I can get someone to eat mushrooms, I consider it a victory. (I don’t trust people who don’t like mushrooms.)
Quick Chicken Stir Fry
Combine 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips; 1 T each cornstarch and soy sauce, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1/2 t. minced fresh ginger root (I left this out b/c hubby doesn’t like it.) 😦
Combine 3T soy sauce, 1 T corn starch, 3/4 c. water.
Heat 1T veg. oil in wok or large skillet on med-high heat. Add chicken. Stir fry until nice and slightly browned. Remove.
Heat another 1T oil in same pan. Add 1 red bell pepper and an onion, sliced. Add 1/4 lb each sliced mushrooms and snow peas; stir fry 5 min.
Stir in chicken and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over hot cooked rice.